Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The one that grew up together with me

Must have been wondering what has been growing with me.



A book by J.Countryman(2005) about Soul Matters For Teens. I've ever wondered what my life would be without this the help of this book. A simple yet not too much reading needed for this book and it tackles 40 of the crucial life issues a normal teenager face. This book was given to me since I was young and I've read through it a couple of times. 

I really thank God for this book because it's not complicated and it's not boring kind of book so I used my free time to read this book and started to reflect on what has happened throughout my whole life. Whenever you experience circumstances, rejections, hatred and what not, instantly you will feel so much depressed and down. The key to it is to make the right choice and attitude. If someone chooses to be depressed and sad about it then obviously your mindset would go the wrong way but if someone chooses to stay happy and positive and rather think of the greener side then he/she would be see the world as a better place. 

There are those hectic days when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed and not feeling right for the rest of your day and there are some days when you actually feel good and happy even though things may seem bad. Doing devotional daily with this book has helped me to gain knowledge on how to handle my personal life and what to do or what not to do. 

I liked learning and gaining new knowledges. From the first chapter/lesson, I can see that the author really touched on every single aspects in life from the head to the toe. At first I thought that this book would be solely on young teens and some boring devotional book but in fact this book turned out to be a great book! I know that there are so many books out there that teaches you on how to handle your problems, achieving your goals in life and what not but this book particularly, speaks to my heart and mind about everything. 

This book has definitely impacted my life and the author J.Countryman is an excellent author, his books on Soul Matters For Men and Soul Matters For The Heart.

Sometimes in life we definitely went through worst moments but we tend to forget who our God is and in the bible He said that "He will not leave us nor forsake us" and is also written in the book, reminded me on how great and awesome He is in our lives. 





No comments:

Post a Comment