Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Doing, Being & Having

There are so many things in life not regret doing, being and having it. For some people it might be their self-esteem, belongingness or even their goals in life. And well, to start of by the things I regret not doing is cooking. I have always wanted to learn cooking ever since I was young but because of my grandmother, she refuses me to cook because of certain reason. It could be wasting time for me, does not benefit me, does not want me to cook because I am one of the worst chef on earth and etc. I mean why can't parents just let a guy cook in the kitchen? It does not represent any stereotype or law that some guys should not cook in the kitchen. Well, some guys are better chef than women. I always envy some other guys like my guy friends who are capable of cooking and preparing ingredients and as for me, I have zero knowledge of kitchen things. Even though I have some cooking experience during my camping days but it is still not sufficient enough for me.

Being creative was also one of the things I regretted not having. I used to have skills in drawing and arts and basically to sum it up, I have visual eyes when I was young but due to my laziness, I have lost it all when I grew up. My grandmother used to reminisce me about what I have drew and visualise during my younger days and now I wish I have it. Why can't people just born with creativity and with visual skills? Why can't everyone just be the same with what they have? Well, I do believe that the reason everyone has different talents and skills is because they are made differently to shine for others.

Not having a dad in life is miserable. Regretted that I am born without a father and when special occasions like Father's Day arrive, I can see that there are families having dinner with their dad and simply smiling and being happy. Isn't having someone special in your life add in more colours into your happiness or life? Yes, it does but I am somehow happy now without a dad because of some super long story to explain but nevertheless, yes I do regret not having a father but I thank God for such awesome friends and families around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment