Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Driving at ease

Driving was one of my passion and dream when I was small. I have always wanted to drive when I reach at the very beginning of 17 years old because that's the only time where the government "allows" youngsters to start driving at that age. Knowing the fact that only at the age of 17 that I can drive, I have waited patiently until Sijil Peperiksaan Malaysia(SPM) ended and quickly I went and took the test and PASSED! 

Yeap, happily I was, I drove around my area first before I actually go out to the "real world" of driving, which was the highway and main roads. It was a pleasure that actually I can drive all around my place and took my friends to go around places, shopping malls and etc. 

But one thing that came across my mind was, do I really like driving? The answer is, no. To be honest, who likes driving at all time? Exception to Formula 1 drivers when they actually need to practice their skills and perform well on the day of the competitions and so on. Hence, they are kind of like "forced" to drive and perform better than the rest. This is because they are paid quite high to enter competition and win millions.

So, I have also been asking myself whether should I pursue my dream into driving and participating in Formula 1 and winning prizes/cash/be a millionaire through all these driving competition. Obviously not because I believe one day I may get sick of driving and chasing after one another in one track. Plus, it does not really benefit me much because in Malaysia, we cannot really earn so much because not many of us Malaysian got involve in this racing field. Hence, the quality of Malaysian's racing is poor.

So, I gave up on driving formula 1 cars and started to focus on my studies where eventually I managed to get myself into university and pursuing Media Creative, which was the "real thing" that I needed. 

To conclude, I felt glad and at the same time I was happy because of these motivation through my dreams, I managed to find my way out and knowing what to do in life and what to study. I thank God for all the opportunities that I have in pursuing this degree and for my past inspiration that have strengthen me and lead me to who I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment