Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The season of the Chinese people



There comes again the year of horse and I can see that most Chinese people are not in town during Chinese New Year. What I can see during this festive season is those smiling faces when they receive red packets where they called it ang pao.

I find it boring especially during this festive season because every year Chinese people celebrate the same thing all over again where they need waste money to buy fireworks, joysticks to pray and give away ang paos. Moreover, there is nothing much I can do during this time because I do not want to feel like wasting money on petrol and money to visit my friend’s place and relative’s house even though it’s a tradition thing that you have to do every year but who says you cannot visit them during other free days like Sunday?

This is the thing about Chinese people every year where you know they have to follow the rules of visiting other people’s house to collect ang paos and send regards to know what or how they are doing in life. Personally, I feel this is not necessary.

It’s fun to get to visit our friend’s place and hang around to play cards and bet our money on it but really? But the truth is everyone does play one or two round of poker and won some cash but come to think of it, we do lose a lot of money if you are too greedy. Another thing is, this habits could pass on to generation and generations and this could lead to a worst outcome, which is borrowing money from loan sharks.

In contrast, there’s always a greener side where we enjoy sitting down together as a family and having dinner, the bondage between family members and friends are important as they are the one we treasure most. Well, I thank God that I am born in Malaysia with so many festive seasons in a year. I could just use this time to get even more rest and not doing any work for a period of time.



No comments:

Post a Comment